Saturday 21 April 2018

Interpretation

Through the observations I have done of a lead UK ballet company, I had a very important realisation.  As I was watching the full length classical ballets with all their splendour and I found myself thinking 'Ann what is it that you really enjoy and you feel really at home in when you are dancing?' My answer was so clear - I love interpretation of characters and roles. I love to get inside my roles and become whatever I am dancing. What I find challenging is the physical side. The stamina and strength required are not natural to my body type but I love to perform. This knowledge gave me the incentive to work at the physical side that I find a challenge so that I might have more opportunities to perform bigger parts in the future. But also to realise that opportunities which emphasise my abilities in interpretation are where I will be most fulfilled.

Below is a photograph by Mike Mason, post production work by Steve Lloyd, of myself as The Little Mermaid in a recent performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment