Saturday 21 April 2018

Emotion and Honesty in the performer: dwelling on findings!

As I am writing up my inquiry, a number of important findings have emerged as being significant to audience members. A very frequently used word amongst the audience members of my own performance was emotion and emotional. These words were used to describe The Swan solo and the effect of live performance. The audience members used the word when describing what they liked and found meaningful. This made me realise that my individuality as a performer lies the ability to create an emotional atmosphere, whether I am expressing positivity or conveying the sadness and difficulty of The Swan's death. I suppose reading this feedback has helped me to understand that an honest performance, with true emotion may have a longer lasting impression than technical perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment