Thursday 5 April 2018

Analysing Questionnaires and Pavlova Tea Reflections

My initial idea for the Pavlova Tea event performance was to have a focus group of roughly 10 people who would fill out questionnaires after my free performance of ballet solos. However, this all changed when I had 35 people attending the performance 27 of which wanted to fill out the questionnaire.

This has made the analysis process slightly different as I decided that with this number it would be useful to see how many people attending the performance were from different age categories and also to see which of the solos seen were most popular. So as well analysing in a qualitative fashion from the comments made, I have created some charts with the numerical data although of course it is still a small number of people so the data collected is only of use to me and my local audience.

I must say that I have been quite overwhelmed getting all of this information ordered into my computer as 27 questionnaires was more than I was anticipating. But first of all I gave each questionnaire a number and then categorised the comments on each variation and theme and it soon started to unfold. What has been very special about this process is really hearing what people are feeling about what they are seeing. I have never been able to receive this sort of feedback before and the only feedback I have been able to get on paper has been from a teacher.
I was very surprised by feelings about what I read. Some of the positive comments really touched my heart. I also have had to take into consideration the fact that many of these people do know me and that their feedback is possibly going to reflect that. However, there were also people who I had never met before, some of whom had never seen me dance before and some of whom had never seen ballet at all before.

Some of the comments reflected that certain dances do not appeal to certain age ranges and vice versa and this is such valuable information for me as it can all be taken into account when I plan my performances in the future.

Below is another picture from my Performance by Sian Parry who kindly gave me permission to publish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment