Thursday 12 April 2018

Choices

I was very disappointed when my physiotherapist said the only time that she could see me this week was at 1.45pm on Tuesday right bang in the middle of the campus session at Middlesex Uni. It was on the other side of London and I had already arranged to go to the campus session and especially planned my trip to London for it.

I was faced with the choice as my foot is still not right and this injury has been lingering on for a long time. I have been worried about the injury and how I should be approaching it. I did not know when I would be able to see the physio again and so I considered the matter for a few hours, in the end I realised that this course is all about work based learning and that looking after my body and ensuring I am in fit condition for my area of practice is a key part of my development as a professional within my field. I have always had a tendency to put work before anything else but I have recently realised that health must be a priority if I am to have a good career. Therefore I decided to go to the physio and looking back I am so glad that I did because she gave it great treatment and special exercises with a little band. She also gave me lots of advice for getting it back to normal and reassured me that it would eventually go as this was a concern that had been increasing in my mind for some time.

I suppose this made me reflect back to Module 1 because that was when I first realised that sometimes those times when you think that something is holding you back and interfering with your degree, it is actually the very thing that is helping you grow as a professional within your field and this is what the degree is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment