Saturday 14 October 2017

Task 4d) Literature

I have recently spent a great deal of time searching out literature relating to my topic area. I have used a range of search engines including Google Scholar and Summon and I have also searched for books on Amazon. I found Summon to be very good and I found a number of articles. On Amazon I also found a number of books which I ordered. I also have an extensive personal library of dance related books so I have been reading and selecting some which I feel have important points related to my topic. Unfortunately my computer is not allowing me to sign up to Delicious so I am simply going to post my bibliography so far to give some indication of the resources I have found. It is still evolving and I have yet to post my book reviews.


Assaf, N.M. (2013) ‘I Matter: an interactive exploration of audience – performer connections,’ Research in Dance Education, Vol.14 (iss.3) pp 233-259. Available at:




Copeland, M. (2014) Life in motion: an unlikely ballerina. New York: Simon and Schuster

Haskell, A. (1977) Balletomania: Then and Now, London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson

Holmes, O. (ed.) (1982) Motion arrested: dance reviews of H.T.Parker. Connecticut: Wesleyan University Press

McFee, G. (2011) The Philosophical aesthetics of dance: identity, performance and understanding. Hampshire: Dance Books Ltd

Melville, J. (2009) Diaghilev and Friends. London: Haus Publishing

Pepper, K. (2014) ‘Creative encounters and critical conversations.’ Dance Chronicle, volume 37, (iss. 2: Dance critics and criticism) pp. 178-184. Available at: http://dx.doi.org.ezproxy.mdx.ac.uk/10.1080/01472526.2014.914870 (Accessed 13 October 2017)

Reason, M. and Reynolds, D. (2010) Kinesthesia, empathy, and related pleasures: an inquiry into audience experiences of watching dance. Dance Research Journal, vol.42 (iss.2), pp. 49-75.


Sutton, T. (2013) The making of Markova. New York: Pegasus Books


Szoporer, P. (2014) ‘Criticism as a contested concept’, Dance Chronicle, vol.37 (iss.2) pp.189-194. Available at:




Warnick J., Wilt, J & McAdams, D.P. (2016) ‘Dancer’s stories: a narrative study of professional dancers’. Performance Enhancement and Health, vol. 4 (no. 1-2), pp.35-41. Available at:



No comments:

Post a Comment