Thursday 5 October 2017

Ideas on Assumptions

Today we had out Module 2 discussion on Skype with Adesola.

I found it interesting to hear other people's ideas on my area of interest. What specifically stood out through this process was that sometimes when you put out an idea of something that you want to find out about, we assume that others will know what we are talking about. However, Adesola stated that she was not sure that I really knew what my area of practice was or why I would want to research my topic. I was surprised that it had not occurred to me to state my area of practice when I was talking as I had felt that I had already explained this in Module 1 in my professional profile. It made me realise that I need to keep questioning everything and continue to return to my starting point in order to be really clear about what it is I want to discover in my inquiry planning. With all of this in mind I am drawing up my areas of wonder to post in my next blog.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, this was a really interesting Skype session and I enjoyed hearing your ideas and thoughts so far. Like you I also made assumptions that people would know what I meant by the idea of a role model. Emily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily, I also thought that your topic was fascinating as I have recently been thinking myself about how the teachers who have given me the most motivation have generally been very positive people and not always been those who have a lot to say in terms of corrections.

      Delete