Tuesday 8 November 2016

Task 1c: Audio-visual

I very much enjoyed this task. At first I was quite worried about how to create my own youtube channel and upload a video. However, I was happily surprised by how much easier it is to do a lot of things on the web once you have a google account. I had no idea that once I am signed in to my google account, I can easily sign up to many different sites without having to go through all of the usually procedures of entering all my personal details. This made me consider just how amazing google is and what a good example it is of Web 2.0. As a dancer I always find public speaking very difficult and speaking for a video is no exception. Therefore, doing this task also made me realise that this is an area that I need to keep practising, as it is very important for public events and also for teaching, both of which are likely to be key elements in a dancer's life. Please see my video by following the link to youtube below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvQ3EzgNgkY


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ann! I have heard people say that speaking while in character is easy but speaking s oneself is not so easy. Your audio-visual sounds very convincing. Yes agree about google but it can also be a bit of leaping into the unknown. I think as long as we remember that in public facing social media - we need to be digital scholars (Weller) and and act as sort of journalists who share - I am a great fan of the Guardian sites e.g. https://www.theguardian.com/stage/gallery/2016/nov/08/wayne-mcgregor-at-the-royal-ballet-in-pictures

    ReplyDelete