Friday 16 March 2018

Skype session 13th March

Following the Twilight Tuesday skype session this week, I must say that I had a lot to think about. The most important points that emerged from the session were the following:

  • When contacting participants for interviews it is sometimes a good idea to look outside of the box you have created for your plan. Sometimes change is a good thing.

  • Because I have been having difficulty with people not replying to my messages to arrange their interviews, I am now looking further a field and changing my specific idea of interviewing a freelance ballet dancer to looking for a dancer who is currently working in a company.



  • I also managed to clarify that even if some participants are just filling out a questionnaire they still need to fill out a participant consent form. This was a point I was unsure of for a while, so it was great that Henry was able to enlighten me!



  • There was also some very interesting points that emerged about social media. How young people need to be careful about the way they present themselves as future employers may be able to see what they post. The idea of more education being given to young people and children about this was brought up and I thought it was a really good idea. Also, I think it was Harry L who mentioned that some of his employers have actually said that they check out the people auditioning on social media before considering them for the job. This astonished me!



  • Then the other really important point that was raised was right at the end by Adesola. She said how important it is for us to observe ourselves within the situation in other words how much we participated in the conversation and why.

  • So I felt that I was quite involved with the chat, however, there were some really frustrating moments when I wanted to say something and the connection cut out and also some moments when I could hear nothing so they were not that great! But overall a really good discussion!






No comments:

Post a Comment