Sunday 16 October 2016

Task 1a Professional Profile (C.V)

I have been working on my C.V since the 2nd year of my training at English National Ballet School. My teachers couldn't emphasise enough how important it is to have a clear layout to your document. I was always told that for a first job, directors will not turnover the page. Therefore it is essential to be concise and only include important information and experience. It is certainly the case that employers will be inundated with applications and are therefore unlikely to look in very much detail at each C.V. On the other hand, I think it is essential that I show a broader spectrum of my experiences so I have elaborated a bit on my C.V including more performance experience outside of school. Having just started working at Ballet Cymru (Ballet Wales,) I am surrounded for the first time with experienced professionals. I have therefore taken the opportunity to talk to them about their C.V's and how they go about the application process for auditions. It was interesting to hear that the most experienced dancers have actually reduced the amount of information that they include in their C.V as they have progressed through their careers. They stated how where as at the beginning of their careers they would include every date and production that they were performing in, now they will just include key roles and the company because it often looks more impressive. I found this a very interesting conversation and would love to hear what others think about this. My Professional Profile as it stands at the moment is quite lengthy, so I am in the process of refining it. It can be found in the box on the right of this page. I would be very grateful for any views.

No comments:

Post a Comment