Friday 23 February 2018

Reflections on starting Module 3

Over the last week I have been busy studying the module handbook. I have also been contacting my interview participants and arranging times for my interviews. I had a bit of a panic because one of my participants is now unsure of whether they will have time to do the interview. I felt so glad that I had made my list of back ups so I have now got in touch with another possible participant. This made me realise how important the inquiry plan is because I feel so much more prepared to undertake the real thing.
After receiving my feedback I have also been trying to consider more ethical questions which may arise from my inquiry other than the anonymity of my participants. This week I did my second ballet observation and have been formatting my notes today. I have found observations harder than I thought I would, as when I watch ballet I often focus on specific dancers and details and I have had to force myself to see the performance as a whole in order to ensure the validity of the observation. I am beginning to review my literature more deeply now too and am very much looking forward to the interviews coming up. I find myself feeling quite excited about the inquiry now that it is really in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment